Wednesday, August 18, 2010



Happy Accidents...an artists joy!

As artists, often we have *happy accidents* when making something and these sweet copper and Czech glass beads are one of them! Originally, I started out making a simple pair of wire earrings but they did not turn out as they were intended. So, instead of giving up on the original results, I decided to embellish them with my hammer (and maybe take out my frustrations a bit too!) I like the organic look that the copper took on with just a few taps of my chasing hammer! Hence, another *happy accident*!

The Organic Olives earrings are made with natural copper wire, not a coated craft wire. Because there is not a sealer on the metal, their patina will change over time to an even darker, antiqued finish. They are 2 1/4 of an inch in length; the dangles are 1-1/2 inches long, swinging from handmade copper earwires. The olivine Czech glass bead are faceted, and coordinate oh so well with the copper wire!

Thank you for looking!

Blessings,


Heart's Desire Beading Company 2010 © - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Elegantly yours.....