Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stunning Prasiolite
- and childhood memories


Prasiolite is one of my personal favorites; it brings back memories of a childhood fascination of mine. When I was little, my family visited my great aunt and uncle's home quite often. My great uncle worked in the factory at Libby Glass for many years. During his tenure there he acquired many large chunks of glass, which he used as decorations in his backyard gardens. These chunks of glass had a divine, green color that I fell in love with! Prasiolite's pale green reminds me of those beautiful decorations in my great uncle's garden long ago.

Prasiolite or green amethyst is a wonderful, transparent stone in the quartz family and is a 7 on the Mohs hardness scale.

This prasiolite heart shaped briolette is a beauty, it has an abundance of facets, which bring a wonderful sparkle to the stone! Sterling silver wire is the perfect compliment to the color of the stone, and this one is wrapped in lots of very fine wire! Including the bail, the pendant is just over 5/8 of an inch in length, and it is suspended on a 16-inch long sterling silver curb chain. It is a timeless classic piece of jewelry and its mint green color will compliments anyone's skin tone!

Thank you for looking!

Blessings,





Heart's Desire Beading Company 2010 © - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Elegantly yours.....