Thursday, September 11, 2008


Inspiration Can Come
From Anywhere!

Inspired by Inna Zhukova of Belarus who won a silver medal for Rhythmic Gymnastics during the 2008 Summer Olympics!

I love to watch the Olympics and the gymnastics events always hold my interest! I have always been amazed with the rhythmic gymnastics style; the routines are so elegant and graceful! Inna’s performance this summer was awesome and as I watched this design came to mind!

This necklace starts with a sterling silver circle (like the hoop she used in one program), it is wrapped in many feet of very fine sterling silver wire! I attached wire wrapped sterling loops, which look so much like the ribbons used in the rhythmic gymnastics! Then I added several different semi-precious stones: a gorgeous pink amethyst, 3mm garnet rounds, pink pearl rondelles, and almondine garnets, they remind me of the lovely leotards that are worn by the gymnasts!

This beautiful pendant is on an 18-inch sterling silver rolo chain and you will find it for sale in my Etsy shop!

Thank you for looking!

Heart's Desire Beading Company 2008 © - All Rights Reserved



http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15137101

No comments:

Elegantly yours.....